Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 53: Takin' Notes

Missionaries honorably released this week
 Another transfer week. Six weeks goes by pretty quickly.  One of the things I do is take notes of departing missionaries testimonies so we can put some highlights in the monthly newsletter. (Shorthand classes are coming in very handy!) Anyway, I thought I'd just share some of the notes I took.  These young missionaries continue to inspire us.

Awesome Elders -- The one in the middle is in cousin Jill's ward
“There are no secrets to being a missionary. It’s all in the scriptures and Preach My Gospel.” 

“You will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” That was actually a quote from Dr. Seuss that one of the missionaries shared.

“God has you here to save His kids – your brothers and sisters.” 

“I want to be able to love the Gospel enough to share it with people. I want to love people enough to want to share the Gospel with them.” 

“Fear of knocking doors really isn’t fear. Real fear is standing here and feeling like I haven’t prepared myself for the next step.” 
How to feed Elders -- Donuts & Panda Express

“Leave every area stronger than you found it.” 

“I didn’t focus on changing myself. I focused on others and it has changed me.” 

“A mission is a perfect time to receive personal revelation – you need it, your investigators need it. Ask and ye shall find.” 

“God will put people in your path or put you in theirs. God knows where they are so ask Him.” 

“God calls us in our weaknesses, but He makes us stronger.”

“If a missionary wants to baptize a few, talk to a few. If a missionary wants to baptize many, talk to many. If a missionary wants to baptize everyone, talk to everyone.” 

Elder on right is grandson of Grammers in Vernal
“Serve the Lord with the same energy you would give to sports, or video games, or other things you did back home.” 

“Nothing you do or will do will make Heavenly Father stop loving you.”

“The reason I came on a mission is because someone bore testimony of Joseph Smith to me. The reason I have stayed is because I have born that testimony to others.” 

“It’s easy to quit; it takes courage to finish” 

Cute Sisters
“Abide by the commandments and the White Handbook. Be worthy to have personal revelation. If we don’t love a commandment, we really ought to abide by it until we do.” 

"The message is bold -- and we send 18-year olds to deliver it. Sounds like the worst business plan ever. …. but it works."

"The way you make others feel says a lot about what kind of person you are." 

And a note from our Stake Conference:

"Hastening the work doesn't mean we need to go faster; it means we need more people involved."

We feel uplifted and encouraged by our young missionaries. They are amazing! We certainly have a greater love and appreciation for missionaries everywhere.  

They are good. Life is good. God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment