Sunday, May 25, 2014

Week 33: Elder Hadlock's Turn

Sister Hadlock says that I, Elder Hadlock need to pen a few feelings about our mission and my responsibilities.  I'm sure this will be shorter than most of Sister Hadlock's blog posts.

Anyway, I’m over cars for the mission. We have 79 cars and a 12-passenger mission van. You put 18 to 24-year old Sisters and Elders in them and there is never a dull moment. There is always something they are calling about – maintenance light is on, flat tires, and of course a few accidents. Just when you think things are going well with the cars (about 1 ½ weeks ago), you end up with four new accidents; one being a “total.” 

It never ceases to amaze me how our missionaries seem to walk away from bad wrecks with no injury. The Lord is definitely watching over them when they are trying to be obedient in all things.

Well it’s been a very spiritual and rewarding experience to be out here helping the missionaries serve the Lord. My testimony has been strengthened. My understanding has been increased and my perspective on life and what’s important has never been more clear. I am enjoying reading the Conference Talks, scriptures, and other good books – and I get to watch an episode or two of the Andy Griffith show each night -- good stuff.
 I would wish that every young man and young woman in the Church could have this opportunity. What a strength to the Lord’s kingdom they will be as they begin to raise their own families. I would also wish that more of you could serve as Senior Couples. It has been such a great experience.  
 On Saturday, we were able to go to the Seattle Temple. Elder and Sister Martin (from Vernal), were able to come with us. It wasn’t raining so we took some pictures. We also took some pictures this week of some rhododendrons around and near our apartment complex. They really are quite pretty.

Well, we miss family and friends, but are so grateful to be part of this great and marvelous work.



No comments:

Post a Comment