Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week 31: All Things (and People) Beautiful

View from Bremerton Hospital
I am overwhelmed with the many beautiful things, people, and blessings that abound – all evidences of God’s infinite love for His children.  Thus, this post is dedicated to all things beautiful.

The flowers are blooming here, especially the rhododendrons. There is color everywhere – in addition to all the green. 

I was able to go again to sit in the hospital with the sister who had her appendix out. It was a beautiful day; a scenic ride. I was glad to be with her and take in the view from her window. She was able to be released on Friday.
Outside Elder Hadlock's window

Squirrel near our apartment
It is a beautiful experience to be here as a missionary working in the office. Even at “work” God’s creations delight us. Elder Hadlock has a huge rhododendron outside his office window. Even he couldn’t resist taking a picture. I can see delicate pine tree seedlings getting their start outside my window. And one day this week I observed a small bird taking a bath in a puddle in the parking lot. I couldn't get a picture before the bath was over, but it made me smile.
The Sound near Chambers Bay

Wednesday evening was so pleasant we couldn’t pass up the chance to enjoy a walk near The Sound at Chambers Creek Golf course. Thursday and Friday brought rain, beautiful in its own way.
Sister & Elder Petersen
On Saturday, we went with Elder & Sister Petersen to the Rhododenron Botanical Gardens in Federal Way. It was lovely. 

A Bonsai Garden is right next to it. It was fascinating. I think I could have stayed there all day.

circa 1500 AD
One of these Bonsai trees is over 500 years old!

Elder Hadlock & his Grandmother
Now a word about this beautiful, handsome son, Elder Hadlock. He just got transferred to Conway, Arkansas. New area, new companion -- Elder Wells from Logan. He sent me some Dove chocolates, a nice card and sent his Dad some money to buy me some flowers. A thoughtful young man. We enjoyed getting to talk to him via Facetime today. He sounded and looked good. He is little nervous about getting things going in this new area, but it sounds like member support is going to be great. We pray that his "anxiety" will be minimal. And as always, we so appreciate all the support and prayers he is getting from each of you. 

Flowers from Ben & "beautiful" words of God
“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;… that publisheth salvation; … (Mosiah 12:21, Isaiah 52:7)
We love our missionary in Arkansas as well as these beautiful missionaries here in Washington. We have really grown to appreciate their obedience, hard work and faithfulness. 

And now As it is Mother’s Day, I wish to pay tribute to my mother, a beautiful woman inside and out. She is such a pillar of strength and example of compassion. She serves without fanfare. It is very characteristic of my mother to put the needs of others before her own needs. She is constantly doing kind things for others, especially her family. She is truly an example of selfless service and love.  She is definitely one of the most hard-working, thorough, meticulous home makers I know. She certainly made our home a piece of heaven. Thanks Mom. I love you so very much.

So now I have the song "All Things Bright and Beautiful" running through my mind. I think I'll sing it as I make tonight's supper -- popcorn, another of God's finest creations. Life is good -- and beautiful.

"He hath made every things beautiful in his time;" ... (Eccl. 3:11)

Proverbs 20:29
                                                                                                                    

  P.S. The "Car Czar" is beautiful (and handsome) too.

No comments:

Post a Comment