Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week 16: Drawing a Blank, Playing an Ace

I'm really late with the blog. To be honest, I just didn't feel like it!  So ... I'm going to just post a couple of pictures this time -- and a short story.

We are able to get together about every six weeks for this.The video, if it works, is of the Senior Missionary Elders singing at our FHE last Monday. -- Actually, it's not going to work, and I don't want to figure it out or fix it. So ... just enjoy the pictures.

I will mention a bit about the activity we had that night.  Everyone was given 25 beans. Then each person took a turn telling something that they've never done. For instance, someone said (to my amazement), "I've never been to Disneyland or Disney World". Then all who HAD done what that person said they had never done, had to give up a bean. The idea was to say something that you thought most people had done, but you hadn't, so you could make as many as possible give up a bean. One of the sisters said, "I've never been ordained to the Priesthood." -- That meant all the men had to give up a bean. An Elder said, "I've never had a baby." Sisters were giving up beans that time.

Van's turn came up and he smugly said, "I've never turned 60." --You should have heard the "roar" of disgust. All the other senior missionaries had to give up a bean (except me, of course.) My turn was next. I'm afraid I took advantage of the situation as well. I said, "I've never turned, 56."  More beans tossed!  Kind of a fun game. Van and I felt a little guilty later. Didn't want folks to think we were bragging or anything like that. We were just "Playing our Ace!"


Sister Jenkins, Sister Hadlock, Sister Brady
A photo of a couple of my favorite Sisters. And last, but not least, a tender mercy from home -- drawings from our grandson Jackson Wright.
From our grandson, Jackson.

3 comments:

  1. Wendy you look so beautiful and happy! Sounds like that game was a lot of fun. I went to lunch with a couple of friends a few weeks ago. We talking about age and I said I would be turning 58. My friend challenged me and said , "no you will be 57." I told her no I was already 57. After lunch I figured it out and it is true. I get to stay 57 for one more entire year. Yea! Now I need to stop acting old and learn how to add. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, Please keep the picture of the flowers...Jackson did that a while ago and I think its just amazing...I wanted to keep it but he made me send it to grandma....

    ReplyDelete